After blogging about 2 administrative reports some time ago, I have a new list with useful reports for the TFS administrator.
Microsoft released some reports that visualize the information that TFS stores about the health of the data warehouse.These reports are useful to TFS administrators, operations/support teams, project administrators & end-users. The reports in this pack display the following kinds of information:
- Recent processing times
- Current status (whether the cube is processing now and, if not, when it is scheduled to process next)
- Schema conflicts
- Most recent time that each adapter successfully ran
Interpreting the reports
In the download, there is a FAQ document which includes screenshots of what different reports mean and common questions. The contents of the FAQ are also available at Monitoring the TFS Data Warehouse – FAQ.
- SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 or 2008 R2
- A shared datasource to which you connect the report, as the installation instructions describe how to configure.
Download and install this report pack to the Team Foundation Server Reporting Services Instance to monitor warehouse and cube processing status.
For information about how to install this report pack, see Installing Admin Report Pack for TFS.docx that is included in the download.
The pack includes:
- Admin Report Pack for TFS FAQ.docx
- Installing Admin Report Pack for TFS.docx
- Reports\Cube Status.rdl
- Reports\Blocked Fields.rdl
- Reports\Reportable Fields.rdl
Here’s an overview of how the reports look and what questions you can answer with them.
More information and the original post: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/granth/archive/2010/07/12/administrative-report-pack-for-team-foundation-server-2010.aspx